You must read the following information before proceeding. When you have read the information set out below, please click on the "I confirm that I have read the important notice" link at the bottom of the page to acknowledge that you have read the information and to continue.
Daiwa Asset Management has been totally complying with the “Principles for Responsible Institutional Investors (Japan’s Stewardship Code)” since its announcement of the acceptance of the code on 30th May 2014. The code was produced by the Council of Experts Concerning the Japanese Version of the Stewardship Code, established by the Financial Services Agency and was publicly disclosed in February 2014.
The Principles of the Code
So as to promote sustainable growth of the investee company and enhance the medium- and long-term investment return of clients and beneficiaries,
- Institutional investors should have a clear policy on how they fulfill their stewardship responsibilities, and publicly disclose it.
- Institutional investors should have a clear policy on how they manage conflicts of interest in fulfilling their stewardship responsibilities and publicly disclose it.
- Institutional investors should monitor investee companies so that they can appropriately fulfill their stewardship responsibilities with an orientation towards the sustainable growth of the companies.
- Institutional investors should seek to arrive at an understanding in common with investee companies and work to solve problems through constructive engagement with investee companies.
- Institutional investors should have a clear policy on voting and disclosure of voting activity. The policy on voting should not be comprised only of a mechanical checklist; it should be designed to contribute to the sustainable growth of investee companies.
- Institutional investors in principle should report periodically on how they fulfill their stewardship responsibilities, including their voting responsibilities, to their clients and beneficiaries.
- To contribute positively to the sustainable growth of investee companies, institutional investors should have in-depth knowledge of the investee companies and their business environment and skills and resources needed to appropriately engage with the companies and make proper judgments in fulfilling their stewardship activities.
Daiwa Asset Management endeavors to enhance the medium- to long-term returns for our clients and beneficiaries by improving and fostering the investee companies’ corporate value and sustainable growth through constructive engagement.
Our Stewardship Policy and the related documents (in Japanese) are available on our website at: